Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Gate City

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member Jason's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 12th, 2002
    Posts
    3,146
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Gate City

    I was checking out GC on wikipedia trying to read some history of it and came across a sentence stating: "100% of all families surveyed were rednecks." [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif[/img] [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wall.gif[/img]

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gate_City,_Virginia

  2. #2
    Inactive Member dirt34's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 8th, 2006
    Posts
    175
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Gate City

    my wife is from Gate City, and she doesn't care to tell you that she is a redneck.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Jason's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 12th, 2002
    Posts
    3,146
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Gate City

    I also am from GC and do not consider myself one. I feel there is nothing wrong with it but 100% of those surveyed said they was is what baffles me. I consider myself as a Cherokee Indian. I have only a small percent of the blood but that is where my heart lays.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member 89bluedevil's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 30th, 2005
    Posts
    763
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Gate City

    I wouldn't get too upset about this as I seem to remember Wikipedia in the news in the past concerning it's credibility.
    http://www.azcentral.com/business/ar...wikis0610.html

    If the pages can be edited by users what is to stop anyone from typing whatever they want?

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Jason's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 12th, 2002
    Posts
    3,146
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Gate City

    [ QUOTE ]
    I wouldn't get too upset about this as I seem to remember Wikipedia in the news in the past concerning it's credibility.
    http://www.azcentral.com/business/ar...wikis0610.html

    If the pages can be edited by users what is to stop anyone from typing whatever they want?

    [/ QUOTE ]

    Somebody from Wise County must have slipped that one in there! [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif[/img] [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

  6. #6
    Inactive Member 89bluedevil's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 30th, 2005
    Posts
    763
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Gate City

    I don't even want to get into that argument! [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

  7. #7
    Inactive Member SWVA-Football's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 20th, 2005
    Posts
    4,965
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Gate City

    [ QUOTE ]

    If the pages can be edited by users what is to stop anyone from typing whatever they want?

    [/ QUOTE ]

    Moderators and users alike keep an eye on things very well... for example, the "Rednecks" statement is now gone and probably won't come back.. and if it does, it's really easy to take it back off again.
    Officially retired

  8. #8
    Inactive Member pvfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 22nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,518
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Gate City

    They even took my name off, there goes my claim to fame.
    [img]http://www.gifsoup.com/view7/2505516/brandon-phillips-dugout-dance-o.gif[/img]

  9. #9
    Inactive Member pvfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 22nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,518
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Gate City

    Haha, somebody even put my name on there. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] Somebody has some serious issues when it comes to high school sports.
    [img]http://www.gifsoup.com/view7/2505516/brandon-phillips-dugout-dance-o.gif[/img]

  10. #10
    Inactive Member Jason's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 12th, 2002
    Posts
    3,146
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Gate City

    [ QUOTE ]
    Haha, somebody even put my name on there. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] Somebody has some serious issues when it comes to high school sports.

    [/ QUOTE ]

    I see that the redneck thing is gone. I never did see anything about you. What did it say?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •